Wednesday, December 1, 2010

December is here!

I absolutely love this time of year!  I am positively bursting with Christmas spirit.  And what's the best way to put all this energy to use, when my lovely garden is covered with a foot of snow safely sleeping for the winter...why crafting of course!  I thought that I would share this project with you.  I have made an Advent Calendar for Family Fun!  I got the idea from Andrea Tomkins here.  It looked like so much fun that I had to try it out for myself.  An additional challenge that I gave myself was that I wouldn't buy anything new to make this, instead I'd try to use up some of the mounds of crafting supplies that I have lying around the house.  So, since I was a little short on paper, instead of making envelopes, I made little tags.  One for each day in December leading up to Christmas.





The family fun idea for the day is hidden behind the tag.  Then I hooked then on to some yarn and taped it to the wall.  Doesn't it look cute!  I am very excited about all of the things I have planned to do with the kids over the next 24 days.  I will share some of our activities along the way...

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Cute idea! Of course, if I tried that it wouldn't look that nice...but that is so cute and I'm sure your family will enjoy!