Sunday, June 19, 2011

A Father's Day Adventure at Big Hill Springs

Happy Father's Day everyone, especially my own Dad and my DH.  Hope everyone is having a great day.  For our bit of family fun we decided to go on a short hike up to Big Hill Springs Provincial Park.  It is quite close to Calgary and the hike only took about an hour, which is about as long as my four-year-old can handle.  It is a great hike with lots of cool rocks  and water to play in.  We also saw lots of wildflowers.  I thought it would be fun to share and see how many of Alberta's wildflowers I know and maybe get some help with the ones I can't identify.

A cool picture of the Tufa - carbonate deposited by the calcium-rich spring water
 the spring water
 Star-flowered Soloman's Seal:
 Cow parsnip (wild rhubarb)?

 Western Canada Violet
 chickweed?
 lovely little ferns growing in the moss
 Canada Anemone?
 yarrow?
Western Shooting Star

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Definitely yarrow!