Sunday, October 3, 2010

It has been a while!

Wow! It has been a while! A couple of reasons I guess. Partly because we were having so much fun over the summer I didn't have much time for the computer. Also, partly due to a feeling of my blog being judged somehow. Seems weird, since I'm posting stuff for the world to see, how can it NOT be judged! But, I decided that I am just keeping this log for myself and that I should just have fun with it, so here goes!

So, since I have a few quite moments early on a Sunday while the kids are watching TV, I thought I'd share some photos of the awesome fall we're having in Calgary this year. It started off rather cold and rainy (very rainy!), but the last two weeks have been great! And the trees have loved all that rain because the fall colours this year are fantastic! Fire Boy and I went for a walk in Fish Creek Park while the older kids were at school. It was beautiful! I got to enjoy the tress while he threw rocks in the river and we also collected some fall leaves. I have some craft ideas.





Then yesterday we joined up with some friends to go Geocaching. Our first time ever! It was fun! The kids loved the thrill of the hunt and we enjoyed a nice walk on Nosehill. Handy Man was in charge of the GPS and the kids were in charge of randomly racing through the grass.


We manged to find three. It was neat seeing the different things that other people had left and all of the kids got to go through the knickknacks and pick something to trade for one of the knickknacks we'd brought from home. We will definitely do that again!

Well, that's all for now. Hopefully I can get back into the habit of making this a regular thing.

No comments: